Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Late War M-1 helmet

Article about: Here are some pics of a late war M-1 helmet i acquired this year. It is rear seam with a westinghouse liner. Heat stamp #1268A Apr.-May 1945 i believe. The best part is i's ID'ed in the Stee

Default Late War M-1 helmet

Here are some pics of a late war M-1 helmet i acquired this year. It is rear seam with a westinghouse liner. Heat stamp #1268A Apr.-May 1945 i believe.
    The best part is i's ID'ed in the Steel pot and the liner. I bought the vet's whole lot which a lot of it you can see in my avatar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War M-1 helmet   Late War M-1 helmet  

Late War M-1 helmet   Late War M-1 helmet  

Late War M-1 helmet   Late War M-1 helmet  

?

Default Re: Late War M-1 helmet

That is a nice helmet. From what I can see from the avatar you did very well.
    SteveR

?

very nice indeed

are you going to do any research on him ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    very nice indeed

are you going to do any research on him ?
    Yes ,i'm working on that. I'm going to post a pic of his shoulder patch to see if someone can ID it. Ithink it's 9th service command ,but not sure.

?

thats good please keep us posted

Mountaineer, I think your message and photos were posted some time ago but I hope you still on the forum and read this message. Your helmet with the rear seam and hinged bales is very much like one I own and have had some recent postings on the Allies / Helmets forum. Yours also has the rather steep front rim and not what I call the flatter ducks bill shape. But you found the pressing number in the steel. Can I ask exactly where on your helmet you found it. I see also that the centre tab of the three tabs in the hinge is at the rear which is also the case on my helmet. So I'd appreciate any further info you can give on yours.
    Thanks.

DavidH

Quote by Mountaineer View Post
    Here are some pics of a late war M-1 helmet i acquired this year. It is rear seam with a westinghouse liner. Heat stamp #1268A Apr.-May 1945 i believe.
    The best part is i's ID'ed in the Steel pot and the liner. I bought the vet's whole lot which a lot of it you can see in my avatar.
    Re-igniting an old thread, but Hoffmann was also a Puerto Rican citizen... Interesting ensemble.