Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lot of Post-War M1 Helmets

Article about: I recently purchased these 6 M1 helmet shells. They're all rear seams so I'm assuming they're all post WW2. I'm not an expert in these helmets but I'm assuming most of them are Vietnam era,

Default Lot of Post-War M1 Helmets

I recently purchased these 6 M1 helmet shells. They're all rear seams so I'm assuming they're all post WW2. I'm not an expert in these helmets but I'm assuming most of them are Vietnam era, with maybe some being Korean era? All but 1 helmet has visible stamping on the inside, is there any website or book that could help me use these numbers to track the helmet to the era it was produced? Also, does anyone have any ideas on why there's a large strip of white material stuck on the reverse of one of the helmets? Thanks

Lot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 Helmets

More Pictures:

Lot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 HelmetsLot of Post-War M1 Helmets

Hello,

I have found this webpage very useful in the past to get an idea on dating batch numbers.

M1 helmet lot numbers ww2-vietnam - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum