Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-1 ebay win

Article about: If you do try to bend it back, do it slowly Nick and watch for any cracks starting to appear on the inside stop if that happens. I work with brass and copper every day I think it will bend b

?

Question M-1 ebay win

well i took a chance on this one kinda stumbled on to it with only a few minutes to spare but the pictures the seller provided weren't very good but i went for it & won it for £31 now im just waiting for it to turn up to see if Ive wasted my money or not ?

the only pics i have at the mo are the ones from the auction.
    Attached Images Attached Images M-1 ebay win  M-1 ebay win  M-1 ebay win 

?

Default Re: M-1 ebay win

Hi Nick,

I think you were right to give it a go, and for that price you can't go far wrong. From the pictures, (although you will only know 100% when it arrives) the shell looks like a WW2 fixed bale front seemed, while the liner is a 1960s - 1980s version. Incidently it was not uncommon for WW2 shells to be used in Vietnam.

NCA
    ?

Sweeet!Looks like a fixed loop and a nice 69 dated liner.Chinstraps look original...£31?

Win-win!!

?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Hi Nick,

I think you were right to give it a go, and for that price you can't go far wrong. From the pictures, (although you will only know 100% when it arrives) the shell looks like a WW2 fixed bale front seemed, while the liner is a 1960s - 1980s version. Incidently it was not uncommon for WW2 shells to be used in Vietnam.
    thanks Ocad im thinking the same thing about it being a fixed loop shell i know these combos aren't uncommon as i have a NAM used lid thats a fixed loop shell with a WW2 liner.

- - Updated - -

Quote by NCA View Post
    Sweeet!Looks like a fixed loop and a nice 69 dated liner.Chinstraps look original...£31?

Win-win!!
    thanks NCA ive got my fingers crossed & will post more pics when it turns up.

NCA
    ?

Just noticed..is there something written on the chinstrap in the top picture?

?

yeah i spotted that as well but i cant make it out from those pics i'll have a better look when it turns up & let ya know.

Had it on my watch list all week, starting at a tenner and badly listed it was worth a watch. But I won a canteen kit just five minutes before. So I never bided, glad I didn’t I would have been bidding against you.
    They look like original chin straps with I bet something interesting written on them. The only downside is that bad split. It would be great if it has its original paint.
    Well done I will be interested to see what I missed hope its a good one for you.
    Rod

Nice find, I've seen many lids pass on ebay under similar circumstances (bad pics, obsolete titles). The last months of last year were full of them, but now they seem to have gotten harder to find. I've decided to go to the flea market to make myself feel better

What was this one posted under?

The one i just picked up: was posted under "army helmet" https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...nam-m1-281668/

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Had it on my watch list all week, starting at a tenner and badly listed it was worth a watch. But I won a canteen kit just five minutes before. So I never bided, glad I didn’t I would have been bidding against you.
    They look like original chin straps with I bet something interesting written on them. The only downside is that bad split. It would be great if it has its original paint.
    Well done I will be interested to see what I missed hope its a good one for you.
    Rod
    cheers mate that's the perils of everyone using eBay sooner or late we all bid against each other & i nearly missed this one i only found it after i checked out the ending soon search.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast