Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?

Article about: Here's a few pictures from the fabled Smith and Edwards lot in Salt Lake City, Utah USA. Many great helmets were found here including many marked WWII era 29th Division helmets. They're all

?

Default The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?

Here's a few pictures from the fabled Smith and Edwards lot in Salt Lake City, Utah USA. Many great helmets were found here including many marked WWII era 29th Division helmets. They're all gone now for the most part. Conquering hords of helmet collectors and rebuliders infested this lot like swarms of locusts leaving only the very worst helmets behind. But, at one time not so long ago it looked like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare? 

Default Re: The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?

Wow! I wonder how many more places there are like this waiting to be discovered I honestly think somewhere like that is a militaira collectors heaven

Thanks

Danny

jh92
    ?

WOW, a collectors a dream!!!

That is absolutely insane! There was a post on here awhile back with a picture from a junk yard in Spain. The picture looked just like this one except the helmets were Spanish made M35s and M40s. The guy in Spain had been selling them for scrap money. You've just got to be at the right place at the right time I guess.

Bugme, were these helmets lying there in piles since WWII and Korea, or were
    they dumped in the 80's after the US Army started using the kevlar "Fritz"?

Surely they were in a surplus yard and sold to the "conquering hoards"
    - not just free for the taking ? !

Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Bugme, were these helmets lying there in piles since WWII and Korea, or were
    they dumped in the 80's after the US Army started using the kevlar "Fritz"?

Surely they were in a surplus yard and sold to the "conquering hoards"
    - not just free for the taking ? !
    Regards,
    Steve.
    Steve, I'm not sure when these were dumped there but, I'm sure it was in the time range when the conversion to PASGT's was made. These were sold at low scrap prices.

To find them sat there like that! Man, what a brilliant day that would be .....

Thanks, for sharing these pic's

probably a nightmare by now after sitting outdoors exposed to the elements for over 20 years! now they are mostly relic condition

?

Reminds me of the time I was on the way up to Alpena, Michigan and passed a scrap yard with an M8 sitting behind the fence. I kept trying to figure out how I could buy it and haul it back to Indiana with my 1970 Plymouth Duster.

Steve Z.

?

Here's one last shot from Smith and Edwards that I forgot to post. Can you see the officers "follow me" bar on the one helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast