Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?

Article about: Here's a few pictures from the fabled Smith and Edwards lot in Salt Lake City, Utah USA. Many great helmets were found here including many marked WWII era 29th Division helmets. They're all

?

Default Re: The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?

This picture is NOT from Smith and Edwards but, from a small cache of helmets found in Northern California. The medic helmet shown in my avatar is one of the helmets that came from here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  

?

My apologies, I found one more picture from Smith and Edwards... I promise, it's the last one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  

?

Here's some more helmets that came out of the yard that my medic helmet came out of.
    Attached Images Attached Images The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare? 

?

Of course this one is also from the lot in California and is one of my prizes... rescued from the elements!

you'll notice in the follow-up pictures that this helmet is faintly marked with the remnant of simple red crosses that were there before the three panel medic markings with white background were added.
    Attached Images Attached Images The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare? 

?

A few more shots of this prize
    Attached Images Attached Images The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare?  The M-1 Helmet Collectors Dream -or- Nightmare? 

I was just in Salt lake and a buddy of mine said there are still tons of helmets here he inside the building there are a lot more cool Things to be found

I TRuOC I
    ?

Wow!!

holy lord, im goin to weber state next year. i will definately have to make a stop by there

Has anyone hearded of a ww2 glider graveyard in KCMO and know the location.I was told it was full of gliders.

?

I'm sure a couple dealers in the U.S got their hands on some of these shells, I'm pretty sure J Murray was one of them, as he had some similar photos on his website at one time, along with ones showing thousands of liners stacked one inside another just to make you feel really sick.

Nige H
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast