Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Article about: by Nitram I think inspiration for these may have been drawn from US Tankers wearing M1 pots over their M38 tanker helmets as shown here: Attachment 329620 Lovely piece of kit Nitram i believ

?

Default Re: M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Quote by NickD View Post
    it is indeed mate pity i cant seem to dig up anymore info on this type of lid ?
    Well. I have hunted high and low on the intertubes, and apart for that one photo, cannot find any other references. The only thing I have come up with is that the IDF being a citizens army often took their kit home with them, and custom mods on all sorts of kit are common.
    Forgot to mention,
    Nice Lid Mate

Regards,

Andy

I am of the same thinking as Andy......I've not been able to find anything like this either. Looking more like a very skillfully done mod to his/her own helmet. No matter how it came about, it's a great lid and an even better find!

?

thanks guys

@Andy thanks for taking the time to try & help out its much appreciated

this info was given to me from a guy on another forum
    In Paolo Marzetti's "Combat Helmets of the World" it is referred to as being produced by Ritukh utilizing a US M1 shell, parts from a French tank helmet, and headset from a US CVC helmet, circa 1974.

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    thanks guys

@Andy thanks for taking the time to try & help out its much appreciated

this info was given to me from a guy on another forum

BINGO! How's your French?

.: World War Helmets - Israël - Casque Tankiste :.

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

cheers mate theres me thinking i would never find out any more info thanks again

?

Google Translation....... Gotta love the new hairstyle....

Google Translate

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

i did already goggle translate it but i missed that it said hairstyle rather than helmet style i guess

?

"Oi, you, you 'orrible little man, get off of my nice shiny tank, an' get yer 'air done!"

Seriously though, I was so glad to find the info, your tip off with Ritukh finally cracked it.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I think inspiration for these may have been drawn from US Tankers wearing M1 pots over their M38 tanker helmets as shown here:

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Lovely piece of kit

Nitram

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    "Oi, you, you 'orrible little man, get off of my nice shiny tank, an' get yer 'air done!"

Seriously though, I was so glad to find the info, your tip off with Ritukh finally cracked it.

Best Regards,

Andy
    glad it all finally come together & you were able to fit the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle as they say

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast