Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Article about: by Nitram I think inspiration for these may have been drawn from US Tankers wearing M1 pots over their M38 tanker helmets as shown here: Attachment 329620 Lovely piece of kit Nitram i believ

?

Default Re: M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Quote by Nitram View Post
    I think inspiration for these may have been drawn from US Tankers wearing M1 pots over their M38 tanker helmets as shown here:

Attachment 329620

Lovely piece of kit

Nitram
    i believe you are right

JBR
    ?

Just as a footnote, the inky black splodge on the neck piece is a clue to IDF origin. They often do this to markings on stuff made surplus - eg webbing items. Interesting helmet. Best Regards, John

?

cheers for that extra info i thought it was just a mark from poor storage.

Just adding my example to the thread and came as an original paired set ,With help from a good forum Friend ( Red stalker) as i am not to clued up on US M1's i now know the shell to Be US Parish M1 ,it has Vietnam Period Hard wear with the anchor marking, the liner is a Marmac Industries example and most likely Vietnam War period in its un modded state showing a webbing date stamp of 1972 so perhaps seen some use during the Yom Kippur War although the liner band is dated the same as the OP's example at 1973 ,i notice it has a similar black ink marking on the rear neck guard ,from my limited research these could well of seen use in the Golan Heights although i can't confirm 100% ,i added a spare IDF net and goggles for display purposesM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmetM-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet
    Regards James

...having recently unearthed a whole pile of old UK dealer catalogues /lists, I wonder if these are some of the “Israeli Tank Crew Steel Helmet”s being sold by Blunderbuss Antiques (1983, List C, £23.50)...the description seems there or there abouts.......’just wondering....

Might well be Ade ,I did ask the question at the time to the previous owner more so on how long he had owned this example and he stated that he had it in his collection for at least 30 years
    Regards James

The helmet shell is a Product of the Parish Division of the Dana Corporation between 1968 and 1970 because of the 4-digit number.

Many Thanks Sleepwalker
    Regards James

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4