Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M-1 Para Liner Help

Article about: Sorry guys, I don't have any photos, I ran across a liner in a shop today that I thought was a little odd. An M-1 liner for sure, later type suspention (mid 60's or later) no eyelet in the f

Default M-1 Para Liner Help

Sorry guys, I don't have any photos, I ran across a liner in a shop today that I thought was a little odd. An M-1 liner for sure, later type suspention (mid 60's or later) no eyelet in the front.

I'm not real familair with post war M-1 liners but this one look a little odd to me so I throught I'd throw it out here. There were no makrings on the webbing of any type (liner was void of chinstrap) and the only mark I could find stamped into the liner was the following D-3593-GB-6 this was stamped very clear in reasonably large numbers.

What caught my attention first about this liner as it seem to be a bit of an odd shape, fatter/wider than a normal M-1 liner but maybe I was just my imagination. And of couse second, the complete lack of any markings at all on the webbing. Other than the A washes being a bit corroded I have no other details. Just a shot in the dark I know, without photos, but was hoping that maybe the number inside the liner might mean something to someone.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Russ & Son

?

Default Re: M-1 Para Liner Help

French M-51 Liner maybe?

Default Re: M-1 Para Liner Help

I don't think it's an M51 liner and I know it's all but impossible to get any good input w/o providing photos, i just don't have any.

The three distictive features are:

1. It IS a Para liner

2. It has that latter style webbing (mid 60's an later until they made them removable)

3. I has stamped inside the crown D-3593-GB-6

Chances are this is just a US M-1 liner and I'm just being thrown off because I can not find any type of markings on the webbing. I was hoping taht the number stamped inside would ring a bell with someone.

I'm prone to belive this is just another US Para liner but with my lack of knowlege on these, I thought I'd toss it out here in case I am passing up somethign more unusual, maybe one of those hard to find early Euro clone M-1 liners, although I don't think any of those ever made Para liners.

Regards,

Russ