Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-1938 tanker helmet

Article about: Just a question and I wanted your thoughts. How common are m-1938 US tanker helmets? There is not a lot of information on the helmet on the web compared to other types or styles of US, Germa

Default M-1938 tanker helmet

Just a question and I wanted your thoughts. How common are m-1938 US tanker helmets? There is not a lot of information on the helmet on the web compared to other types or styles of US, German......etc helmets. Do people just not collect them? I just bought 2 in the last week I did not have one and needed one for the collection, I bought the second to keep the first one from being lonely. I will post both when the second one gets here. I pulled photos off the internet of the two I bought, both are Rawlings size 7 and 71/8.
    Marty
    Attached Images Attached Images M-1938 tanker helmet  M-1938 tanker helmet 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

No interest in tanker helmet?

I have seen some over the years and handled a few I think they are a underated US headgear that one looks like a nice condition one. I think WW2 ones from what I have read were used into the 60's just watched a old Twilight Zone episode and the tankers were wearing them like yours I wonder if the movie coming out Fury in the fall will increase the price of them. Nice piece timothy

I have one and would love to acquire a repro for use in reenacting!

Prices on these are bound to rise, especially with Fury coming out!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1938 tanker helmet  

I do believe they will go up in price when the movie comes out that is why I went ahead and bought the two in the photos.

Joe, I like you tanker helmet. Who is the maker with the wide brim it looks to be Sears?
    Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 08-23-2014 at 03:32 AM.

MAP
    ?

I bought one a year ago on the very cheap. Minty. These never grabbed my attention but I had some extra cash and of course you can't go home with extra cash in your pocket so picked it up.

Sort of an ugly duckling in my view but I've grown to like it and glad I got it.

Mine is Rawlings as well.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Here's mine. Similar condition to yours on the outside. Inside looks never used. Missing the string.

M

M-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for posting up your examples gents I as well have been on the hunt for an American M-38 to add to my Canadian Commonwealth collection they were used by the Royal Canadian Armored Corps during WW II starting in mid 1943-1944 there is excellent photo evidence to support they were used in Italy and NW Europe by the RCAC as we used large numbers of American M-3 and M-4 tanks in the Italian theater of operations and so adopted the M-38 as well.
    I have also heard of them referred to as the US-M-6 there Canadian designation referance number was : Helmet Crash Tank USA Pattern or A15650 .

Regards Mark

Mark thank you for the extra info about us-m-6, there is not a lot of information out there about them and I do agree with Michael they do not have the 'wow' factor....but they are a part of the history we love. I do like seeing everyone's helmet. Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast