Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M-1938 tanker helmet

Article about: Just a question and I wanted your thoughts. How common are m-1938 US tanker helmets? There is not a lot of information on the helmet on the web compared to other types or styles of US, Germa

?

Hi Marty sorry I wish I had more info to add to the thread but I as well have very limited reference material I do know that one of the most common type of head set receivers used were the R-14's and one of the manufacturers were the Consolidated Radio Product Company and they were produced under contract for the US Signals Corps.
    They can be found with the earlier issued Resistal goggles that were issued in 1942 The US army later adopted Polaroid general purpose goggles .
    I did find this link rather helpful and informative .
    BIG-RED-ONE_M1938 TANK HELMET INFO PAGE

Regards Mark

MAP
    ?

Mark,

That's a great link. Very informative.

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

You are welcome Michael I stumbled across it some time ago and found it quite helpful and informative.

Regards Mark

Here's my Wilson for comparison

?

Tank associated armored items are always more difficult to find than regular military gear.
    There were just a hell of a lot less armored crews in numbers than infantry or air corps personnel.

A lot of tanker helmets turned up in Israel as surplus gear, and hit the market about 15 years ago, that had been acquired by Israel as WW II US surplus in the early 50s.

The value dropped from approximately 300 to 350.00 to 150.00 for a very good helmet, the values are going back up because that number of helmets have been absorbed by the ever increasing number of WW II US collectors.
    I think they are just as neat as a mdl. 43 panzer cap. I believe that you did well with your finds.

That is a good looking Wilson. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Sorry for the late post... SO busy with work lately!

My helmet was made by the Wilson Athletic-Goods company. Here are some better photos of my tanker helmet! I added the Polaroid goggles later.

M-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmetM-1938 tanker helmet

MAP
    ?

. Looks like that they are all made by U.S. baseball glove makers!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is my new m1938 tanker display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1938 tanker helmet   M-1938 tanker helmet  

M-1938 tanker helmet   M-1938 tanker helmet  

M-1938 tanker helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Another thread i've missed but better late than never,well done to everyone who's acquired an M1938 especially after the success of Fury,good stuff guys...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2