Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Broken Bale :(

Article about: We just got home from a day of snooping around the local antique shops. We spotted an M1 up on a shelf and was happy to find it was Front Seam Fixed Bale, but sadly I noticed that one of the

Default M1 Broken Bale :(

We just got home from a day of snooping around the local antique shops. We spotted an M1 up on a shelf and was happy to find it was Front Seam Fixed Bale, but sadly I noticed that one of the bales was broken loose on one side and was void of a chin strap. Otherwise the helmet was in excellent condition. With a $45 price tag (no liner of course) the broken bale scared me away so we put it back up on the shelf and moved on.

Now, after browsing through some ebay listings and reading a few forum posts here, I wonder if I should have been a little less turned off by the broken bale and brought this lid home, it would have fit nicely over the Westinghouse liner we stumbled across a few months back!

Default Re: M1 Broken Bale :(

well 45$ is not bad, considering that faked fixed bails go for a lot in Australia. it's up to you entirely

For your 1st fixed bail and in good condition, even with a broken bail which is quite common $45 is a great deal.

I must comply, I've only got a few at the moment and for $45 I would buy it. Go back to that antique shop, see if its still there!
    Regards,
    Finn

If it's in good shape otherwise, $45 is a good price. Go back and get it !

NCA
    ?

If i saw one for that price id be all over it!!Go for it.

I must have missed the notification that I got a reply on this thread, assumed no replys therefore $45 was not a good deal. Maybe I'll jump on the bike and head down to the antique shop tomorrow and see if it is still up on the shelf. It's been a few weeks, it's probably gone, but you never know! On a positive not, me and the kid stubled on to a old Doughboy today, one of the early rejected lids with red stripe and hole in brim. Not sure if they are worth anything but I find them to be pretty unique. We snatched it up for 30 bucks...no liner or strap but still think it is a decent deal for a hard to find lid.

Made the drive out to the antique store today only to find that the M1 had been sold. Oh well, live and learn.