Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet

Article about: Im afraid Nick is correct IMO also the chin straps look like repos as far as im led to believe the male snaps should be made of nickel not copper or brass on original M2s . Sorry for the bad

Default M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet

So I picked this helmet up a couple weeks ago and it is going in to my collection. What do you guys think about it?
    M1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper HelmetM1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet   M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet  

M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet  

?

Default Re: M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet

well hope you didn't pay too much as its a fake/repro !

and how do you know that? Just wondering.

?

the bails are wrong & you can see where the original bails probably the swiveled version have been removed & the D bails been added plus the paint job on the shell is fake this type of WW2 US helmet is very rare & change hands for allot of money an original recently sold on ebay for over $14'000.

Could you please explain this to me, about the bale's and the paint. I am new to M1 helmets and the person that I received this from, said that he received it from the veteran himself.

?

if you look at the below pic in particular you can see two shades of green this is where the original bail has been removed & the D bail added then has been repainted over to try & cover this as for the paint job its not original nor are the decals & its been given a fake aging job as they say by the item not the story sorry but it is fake & if you're able to i would urge you to get your money back !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet  

?

also Ive just noticed the liner is made by FIRESTONE they only made airborne liners post war so is the wrong type for this type of helmet.

Sorry i am just not seeing the two shades. I had my wife look at it and she is not seeing the two shade either.

?

Ive highlighted the area its most obvious also the rusting around that area is a tell tale sign Ive seen allot of fakes i also own one & Ive seen allot of originals yours is a fake whether you believe me or not again if you can get your money back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 D-Bale Paratrooper Helmet  

?

if you more advice then please sign up to this forum U.S. Militaria Forum & they will be able to confirm this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast