Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID

Article about: A friend of mine found this one, and a few others, in a scrap heal behind an Army Navy Store in the 70's. All were damaged and surplussed by the Army. He noticed that a number of the repaint

Default M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID

A friend of mine found this one, and a few others, in a scrap heal behind an Army Navy Store in the 70's. All were damaged and surplussed by the Army. He noticed that a number of the repainted shells had insignia under the reissue paint, so he bought a whole lot of them for a song and over the next few months liberated the insignia. There were a few from the 29th, the 94th, the 104th, and a few other US Infantry divisions. This was one of them. When he bought it it was without chinstraps and missing a bale. This was the liner that was with it when salvaged from the scrap heap, but I really doubt that it was the original liner. Anyway, I had expressed an interest in one of his 29th pots several times over the years and this week he let this one go. I would prefer an untouched example, but until then, I am happy with this one. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID   M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID  

M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID   M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID  

?

Default Re: M1 - Fixed Bale - 29th ID

very nice well used reissued 29er very cool

I like it Jim.
    I would love to find one that has been repainted and find a unit mark like yours.
    chris

question about this, how did he strip the paint off, and also how can you tell if there can be something underneath the reissued paint? just out of curiousity cause i mean, you got a 29th div insignia on yours!

The more I see these M-1's the more I like em. You guys are going to turn me into a collector yet!

this is a very nice used m1 lid

tom

Great looking helmet !

jpstout
    ?

Nice!!

Thanks for the kind comments, I like this one a lot! The 29th fought side by side with the 2nd ID, my uncle's division, throughout much of the Normandy and Brittany campaigns, and this one will sit beside the 2nd ID pots on my shelf forever. Cheers, Jim G.