Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Fixed Bale

Article about: Hello Guys, I am very new to collecting US M1 Helmets. I came across this one near me. The pictures are all I have right now. I am trying to get some more. What should I be looking for? Shel

In my honest opinion William being on your side of the pond you have much more diverse choice of availability and opitions when it comes to M1 Helmets so that price is on the high side so personally I would pass on this one and im confident another will crop up in the near distant future,a minty one has just been sold on US ebay for $350 (no liner included either),you said above that you wouldn't pay more than $100,well with the way the trend coupled with the whole supply & demand thing which is increasing there may come a time when you may have to re-assess your collecting values,as these historical items will continue to grow in value,it will be difficult in a few more years to even be able to find a Liner for $100.........p.s that shell shown here is quite a rare early shell which has the early McCord Bales which alone would push the price up,good luck with the hunting...................

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    In my honest opinion William being on your side of the pond you have much more diverse choice of availability and opitions when it comes to M1 Helmets so that price is on the high side so personally I would pass on this one and im confident another will crop up in the near distant future,a minty one has just been sold on US ebay for $350 (no liner included either),you said above that you wouldn't pay more than $100,well with the way the trend coupled with the whole supply & demand thing which is increasing there may come a time when you may have to re-assess your collecting values,as these historical items will continue to grow in value,it will be difficult in a few more years to even be able to find a Liner for $100.........p.s that shell shown here is quite a rare early shell which has the early McCord Bales which alone would push the price up,good luck with the hunting...................
    Thank You Ruddersrangers44,

This is exactly the information I am looking for and I find on this forum. I do appreciate it. Knowing points like "McCord Bales" is important. I am still trying to get the gentleman to talk to me and negotiate some but not having any success right now. Will keep pursuing it.

Thanks,

William

Dear Ruddersrangers44,

What do you think this helmet should sell for, a good honest price? Like I said to begin with I ma really new at M1s.

William

Hi William thats a penaultimate question to ask,my way of thinking is simple if you like it and won't be selling it as a quick profit making machine then I think around the $150 is a very fair price however some might disagree and state thats way too much,but remember i'm based in the UK and the volume and choice simply doesn't exist here so from where I'm sitting that is a good price,one the same just sold for $200,so thats a guide line to go by,all the best with your quest,if the seller really thinks they have something so rare and won't budge on price then maybe its better to walk and find something else with less stress involved.............

Hi William thats a penaultimate question to ask,my way of thinking is simple if you like it and won't be selling it as a quick profit making machine then I think around the $150 is a very fair price however some might disagree and state thats way too much,but remember i'm based in the UK and the volume and choice simply doesn't exist here so from where I'm sitting that is a good price,one the same just sold for $200,so thats a guide line to go by,all the best with your quest,if the seller really thinks they have something so rare and won't budge on price then maybe its better to walk and find something else with less stress involved.............
    Thanks Jake,

Good advice and helpful suggestions. I will keep you posted on progress.

William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2