Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Fixed Bale Front Seam

Article about: The hunt continues for a good M1 WW2 helmet. I came across this today and was hoping to get some feedback on if this is 100% WW2 original, and a good helmet to pick up. It has an oak leaf ma

JMO Going by the pictures I would say that the helmet looks original but has had a repaint at some point, don't know nothing about the decal or net, I like the way the paint on the crown of the helmet has worn away due to it being sat upside down a lot in its life, this means the net has been a later addition to me.
    The liner looks like a nice late war westy with its original paint, don't know about the chin strap without better pictures.
    I have read somewhere that transfers were being used from the fifties, perhaps that's when the helmet has had a recoat.
    How much was he wanting for it.

regards
    Rod

He's started at $350 over at WAF, and is down to $250 now. I guess others have made the same appraisal of it, or it would have sold. Ruddersrangers44 tipped me off to a nice all original fixed bale, front seam that I have ordered in. So, I've acquired my helmet! Pictures to come once in! Thanks Ruddersrangers44 for the tip. I appreciate it, and know you were considering it for yourself when you let me know about it.

Quote by avenger View Post
    He's started at $350 over at WAF, and is down to $250 now. I guess others have made the same appraisal of it, or it would have sold. Ruddersrangers44 tipped me off to a nice all original fixed bale, front seam that I have ordered in. So, I've acquired my helmet! Pictures to come once in! Thanks Ruddersrangers44 for the tip. I appreciate it, and know you were considering it for yourself when you let me know about it.
    That was nice jake, look forward to seeing it, I had a quick look last night for you on American ebay buy it now but nothing jumped out.
    They still seem to be holding there value.
    all the best Rod

Glad I was able to help out Scott,I think the example you've snagged is a great looking conditioned set thats seen very little field service life,it certainly rates up there with the good one's still left floating about.can't wait for the pictures.well done...........

I would think the Lt. Colonel insignia is 1950s era.
    As for a good WWII helmet there are plenty on eBay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2