Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 front seam "Airborne style"

Article about: Hi. This is a Genuine US M1 front seam heat stamp 984 J,but has been converted to D bales, and given a lick of paint. The liner is created from a Belgium 1950's / Paratrooper chincup and str

Post M1 front seam "Airborne style"

Hi.

This is a Genuine US M1 front seam heat stamp 984 J,but has been converted to D bales, and given a lick of paint.

The liner is created from a Belgium 1950's / Paratrooper chincup and straps , i know the webbing is the wrong colour but when it's on display, it don't notice that much.

I would love an original M2 liner to go with this one, but they are BIG bucks, way out of my price range!!

What do you reckon?
    Cheers
    Gaz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 front seam  "Airborne style"   M1 front seam  "Airborne style"  

M1 front seam  "Airborne style"   M1 front seam  "Airborne style"  

M1 front seam  "Airborne style"   M1 front seam  "Airborne style"  

?

Default Re: M1 front seam "Airborne style"

J Murray Inc, does some very nice repro items for M1's including conversion kits for making Airborne pattern liners, I've also got a template for the correct position for the two Baby DOT's that need to be fitted to convert a standard liner to a airborne pattern. For best results a 1950's US made liner is a good option, as the early ones are similar to the late wartime and quite a bit cheaper to buy.

J. Murray, INc, 1944 - M1 Helmets

Here's an M1C that I did a few years back.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

hiya Gaz

heres mine https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...a-helmet-7913/ same as your's converted to a D bail with a 1950's liner

Quote by Nige H View Post
    J Murray Inc, does some very nice repro items for M1's including conversion kits for making Airborne pattern liners, I've also got a template for the correct position for the two Baby DOT's that need to be fitted to convert a standard liner to a airborne pattern. For best results a 1950's US made liner is a good option, as the early ones are similar to the late wartime and quite a bit cheaper to buy.

J. Murray, INc, 1944 - M1 Helmets

Here's an M1C that I did a few years back.

Nige.
    Hi Nige,

Thanks for the info , i will check ouit their prices etc, nice lid too,
    I will look out for some more 50's liner, i've get two but can't quite bring myself to convert em, maybe i will pluck up the courage one day!!
    Cheers mate
    Gaz

Quote by NickD View Post
    hiya Gaz

heres mine https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...a-helmet-7913/ same as your's converted to a D bail with a 1950's liner
    Hi Nick,
    very very nice most impressed , i like the aging , i think this winter i will try and rough my lid up a bit and age it more, any tips ??

Cheers Mate
    Gaz

?

well i didnt do this my self but i did ask the guy who did it for me for some tips if i was ever to try it my self, he said to use sandpaper, wirewool, coffe & salt the trick is to leave it out side in all wheathers & every so often rough it up with the sandpaper & wirewool then add some of the coffe & salt to start the process just to keep doing this every so often & to leave it out side as long as you want till you get the age affect you want hope this helps ????

Quote by NickD View Post
    well i didnt do this my self but i did ask the guy who did it for me for some tips if i was ever to try it my self, he said to use sandpaper, wirewool, coffe & salt the trick is to leave it out side in all wheathers & every so often rough it up with the sandpaper & wirewool then add some of the coffe & salt to start the process just to keep doing this every so often & to leave it out side as long as you want till you get the age affect you want hope this helps ????
    Hi Nick,

Yeah thanks, i will try this out, sounds do able, if it turn's out alright i might post it ,to see what you reckon!!

Cheers
    Gaz

?

good luck mate it'll be cool to see the results

Quote by NickD View Post
    good luck mate it'll be cool to see the results
    Yeah cheers mate , watch this space in the near future....