Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Front seam swivel bale - Vet signed

Article about: Hey guys, I don't usually collect US militaria but I decided to take a chance on this WW2 M1 front seam swivel bale. It is a former movie prop so the shell is original but the paint and deca

Default M1 Front seam swivel bale - Vet signed

Hey guys,
    I don't usually collect US militaria but I decided to take a chance on this WW2 M1 front seam swivel bale. It is a former movie prop so the shell is original but the paint and decals are post war. What attracted me to this helmet was the vetran signatures. I can only make out two. Fred Bahlau and Jake McNiece. I have no way of telling if they are original, but I thought it was worth a chance! At worst I have a nice WW2 M1 shell.
    Sorry about the photo quality, its quite difficult to get a clear photo of the signatures
    Let me know what you think!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Front seam swivel bale - Vet signed  

?

I would assume the signatures are legitimate. Obviously post war, like the rest of the helmet other than the shell. Sharpies were not invented until 1964, and that is what these appear to be written with.

Thanks Doug,
    These signatures were apparently obtained at a Camp Toccoa reunion, early to mid 2000's I believe. But yeah paint is definitely post war as it was for a movie prop.