Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!

Article about: Hi guys i have just spotted this lid on EBAY USA,right sometime ago andy mentioned the READING & PARRISH conundrum,right now this lid could be that (well it never really existed did it?)

Default The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!

Hi guys i have just spotted this lid on EBAY USA,right sometime ago andy mentioned the READING & PARRISH conundrum,right now this lid could be that (well it never really existed did it?)you tell me,its rear seam has completely differant swivel bales to anything seen on McCords or schlueter,and stamped on the front rim it is stamped something like rh.co.fp,how ever in the pic,(provided)the seller has printed the number as PH not RH,but in the listing he clearly states READING HARDWARE,now on a US forum sometime ago this was discussed,regarding contracts found stating READING HARDWARE WOULD PRODUCE 440,000 SHELLS BETWEEN APRIL 1945-OCTOBER 1945,AND PARRISH STEEL WOULD FINISH THEM.so am i looking at something amazingly so rare,as iv'e never seen one before,and iv'e checked as many none US made shells for these type of markings,and i cannot get a match,so whats the answer that this indeed is one of those READING hardware lids that according to the majority just DOES NOT EXIST.this is certainly a talking point,but the items only up to $300plus with a day to go,so surely if its that rare wouldn't we be talking thousands?regards dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!   The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!  

Last edited by moaning minnie; 08-19-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: add more info

?

Default Re: The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!

i would put my money on it being a euro clone is there any better pics ??

sorry nick the rest were of the liner,i messaged the seller today regarding heat stamps etc,he said couldn't find one in the usually front visor place,and wait for it also couldn,t find an embossed liner stamp either never seen a ww2 liner where the stamp can't be seen,strange that i smell something maybe not quite as it should be,have messaged the seller for better pics as the item he's selling is so rare,dont think i'll get a reply this time around,lets wait and see,regards dave.
    Last edited by moaning minnie; 08-19-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: add more info

?

its a piece of junk euro clone WWII M1 COMBAT HELMET 2ND RANGERS BATTALION ! | eBay !!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!   The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!  

The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!   The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!  

The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!   The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!  

Attached Images Attached Images The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!  The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!  The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!! 

so thats official then nick?so is the rim stamp a euro clone job or has it been put there for purely faking purposes,regards dave.

?

a lot of manufactures of this type of lid post war stamped their version on the rim like that as for the liner 100% euro clone !!!!

thanks for the info nick,oh well you never know maybe this elusive lid may rise from the ashes,but im not going to hold my breath.regards dave.

?

Default Parrish M1

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    thanks for the info nick,oh well you never know maybe this elusive lid may rise from the ashes,but im not going to hold my breath.regards dave.
    Helmets made by the Parrish Co. back in 1945 had a "P" stamp by one of the bails. Euro clones were normally stamped on the rim.

?

You are correct about the P stamp, here is a photo of an example in my collection:
    The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!

You have one of the rarest shells ever made Austin,i saw some images recently of the shape and curve oddities for comparison with McCords,certainly a big differance in the rim but it was the view from the rear that stood out the most,do you know what the "4" stands for?any info on the numbering system they used?or what was the final numbers turned out?well done anyway,at least there not just a collectors myth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast