Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The m1 ghost helmet!!!!!!

Article about: Hi guys i have just spotted this lid on EBAY USA,right sometime ago andy mentioned the READING & PARRISH conundrum,right now this lid could be that (well it never really existed did it?)

?

Jake,

No idea what their exact numbers turned out to be, but I would assume the system was basically the same as Schlueter or McCord.

Well Austin the contracted dates vary somewhat indeed,many believe march/april 45 until oct 45,if this is accurate then some were A-made post-war and B- only thousands not millions in only a 6 month time frame.
    Any chance of some images of the complete shell Austin including side and rear elavation shots and of the chinstraps/hardware too,if its not too much to ask,thankyou...............

?

Jake,

Yes, I am familiar with the documentation about these lids, and the example I have actually came from the collector who discovered them in the American archives. I am just saying that 1,2,3,4 etc refer to a certain lot of a currently unknown size that was known to the Parish company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2