Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M1 helmet

Article about: yes it sounds like a post war shell if you could add pictures it would be very helpful

?

Default Re: M1 helmet

yes it sounds like a post war shell if you could add pictures it would be very helpful

?

Stamp in Front : 1 2542

?

the same forma WWII style. Korean War? When is it possible? documentation?

?

It's a rear seam swivel bale. Looks as though it was repainted for KW use.

Quote by Menace View Post
    HI! help me pls... I have the M1 shell antimagnetic and stainless steel rim to the rear and no fix bale... I think helmet Postwar. Front Stamp: 1 2542

sorry,no speak English

Nick, please correct me of I am miss-speaking here but if the shell is rear seam and is stainless then it can NOT be a US M-1 I'm pretty sure. From what I have read ALL stainless rim US M-1s are front seam, it was not until about a month after changing away from the stainless rim that the the seam was moved to the rear, these two changes did NOT happen at the same time. With that said, I know that a couple of the clones have a rear seam stainless rim, Belgian and Austrian, possibly others.

Quote by Menace View Post
    M1 shell antimagnetic and stainless steel rim
    Menace, are you sure the shell has a Stainless Steel rim? It is hard to tell from the photos but it would make more sense if it was not a stainless rim. Also, the first digit of the heat stamp, is it a number "1" or the letter "I"?

?

RIM Is Not stainless steel, from the Same material as the shell. Not the helmet EUROPIA clone .. I'm sure.

?

the Shell antimagnetic steel. RIM also antimagnetic steel. 1 seems to me.

Thanks Menace, that makes more sense....it's a US M-1 for sure. Indicating that it had a stainless rim was making it confusing. The shell looks to be a low dome to me, making it a 1960's or later shell, heat stamp looks to indicate the same but let some of the others that know more about these chim in before you take my word for it.

?

European clone M1 Helmets Do Not Have beütővel, Especially up front. And even Usually painted on the back side.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast