Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m1 Helmet

Article about: Hello, just about to hand over money for this WW2 M1 helmet, can anyone see any problems? Clearly the photographs are not good. Any help appreciated. Doug

Default m1 Helmet

Edit; helmet purchased and good quality pictures added to page 2, opinions very welcome!

Hello, just about to hand over money for this WW2 M1 helmet, can anyone see any problems? Clearly the photographs are not good. Any help urgently appreciated.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 Helmet   m1 Helmet  

m1 Helmet   m1 Helmet  

Last edited by douglas2496; 09-12-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Looks like a late war set up Doug. With no nape strap or liner chinstrap. And the shell looks like its had a repaint at some point.
    Pity there’s no pictures of the liner out its shell you never know what might be on it. As for value of these a lot depends on the maker of the liner. Personally I wouldn’t spend more than £70 on it if I was wanting it, but then again I am a tight git. find out who the liner maker is first.
    Wait see what the rest say mate,the more input the better.
    All the best
    Rod

douglas i think we need the likes of jake on this one but my own feeling is the shell is of korean war period ,these are not my field of expertise mind
    Regards James

hi james, I would say it is a ww2 shell, the front seam joint and stainless steel rim gives it away mate. I would guess a McCord. again heat stamp is always handy, out of interest do any clones have a front seam joint.
    all other input is welcome.
    regards
    Rod

Whats the asking price Doug?as then I can tell you whether its worth that,but Rods price guide is about right............

Thanks for the help so far, my understanding is indeed that front seam helmets were all produced before 1944. It would be around £90 including postage.

Yep thats about right however,as already mentioned without seeing the liner,god only knows why there's no pics of it?just a thought,maybe original olive Drab paint but it has to be a gamble im afraid............

Have one similar with the T1 type hook on the strap like this one with stainless steel rim and stainless steel bales, I would say it dates to around late 1944.
    As jake says its a bit of a gamble.
    all the best what ever you decide.
    Rod

Thankyou, so theres no way to know if its a modern re-paint?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast