Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Helmet Heat Stamp

Article about: Does anyone know where I could find out this info. I have inherited a rather large quantity of M1 helmets (mainly Korean/Vietnam era). What info can be obtained by the heat stamp? any help w

Default M1 Helmet Heat Stamp

Does anyone know where I could find out this info. I have inherited a rather large quantity of M1 helmets (mainly Korean/Vietnam era). What info can be obtained by the heat stamp? any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never in my life had this many helmets at one time.

Default Re: M1 Helmet Heat Stamp

BIGGUYINFL, How many have you got ?....... please post a photo of them all ! I am sure the U.S. helmet chaps here will help you out......

I will,,,ASAP,,,I just picked them up on Thursday!!! THNX!!

?

you cant get alot of info from heat stamps if any are re-issued WW2 version theres a way of getting a rough date of manufacture but thats about it.

ANd where can I find this information,,,some of these helmets have different heat stamps..i.e. 604,,,,1-6345, wma49,,,etc,,etc,,, I've looked online,,,no definitive info as of yet. Any links or websites would be great!! THNX!!

Quote by BIGGUYINFL View Post
    ANd where can I find this information,,,some of these helmets have different heat stamps..i.e. 604,,,,1-6345, wma49,,,etc,,etc,,, I've looked online,,,no definitive info as of yet. Any links or websites would be great!! THNX!!
    Hi.

If you have VN issue,or possibly 80's era lids, you will find it difficult to successfully date them, WW2 heat stamps are catalogued in a rough sense,but to my knowledge there is no such system of dating VN/80's shells ,by the Heat stamp/lot numbers.

If the shell's are a lime green with, red oxide primer,then they are VN-Last version,shells.

As before,if you post some pic's when you get hold of them, then this may well help to date them,to an era.

Great info! THNX,,,,I will be posting some pics ASAP,,,,,hopefully later today...

How do I post pictures here,,,I created an album, but dont know how to import here in this thread....

Post a reply - scroll down and you will se a button saying (Picture upload) press that button- a new window opens - press the button next to one of the 10 fields (1 photo for each field) - then a window appears from your computer, locate your file using this window and select it - you will then jump back to the 10 fields window and you have now selected 1 image--- then use a different field to select another photo and so on... no press upload photos... and the window with the 10 fields uploads the images... then write something in the writing part and post your reply
    I hope you understand this ... :P

Just a few pictures of what came out of the 1st box,,,not to bad. 3 more boxes to go,,,just having a hard time getting to them. These boxes were in a basement of an old Civil Defense building. I was told that a lot of these helmets were stored outside for some time (as you can see). Anyhow,,,just cool stuff.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet Heat Stamp   M1 Helmet Heat Stamp  

M1 Helmet Heat Stamp  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast