Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1 Helmet help

Article about: it all looks to be good the liner is a nice early Nam era version the shell & straps looked good as for the cover there is a way of dating it from the from the stamp on the brown side. t

?

Default Re: M1 Helmet help

it all looks to be good the liner is a nice early Nam era version the shell & straps looked good as for the cover there is a way of dating it from the from the stamp on the brown side. the only thing i would do is remove the liner chin strap as this a European made version & not US but apart from that all looks good & for a fair price
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet help   M1 Helmet help  

M1 Helmet help   M1 Helmet help  

M1 Helmet help   M1 Helmet help  

Nick, I knew you'd be the one who knows.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

just don't ask me about anything else but M-1s & I'll be fine

thanks a bunch will have better pics up tomorrow !

also is this not US made ?

4md
    ?

the helmet looks u.s just not the liner chinstrap is what i think nick is saying........this helmet is the same as mine which is 1963 dated if i recall. check it out in my gallery of M1 helmets ( in my profile)

regards Paul

?

just the liner chin strap that's the only part that's not US made the rest is fine

OH GREAT i thought it was some german replica for a second ,like i said i will have more pictures up today some time

what about the liner chinstrap ? why is it orange and not brown ?

?

because its a post war European made version made of a thicker & lighter coloured leather, US made version were of a dark sometimes reddish brown colour also the leather was allot thinner in thickness.

see pics below these are the type of chin straps you would need to go with your NAM liner if you wanted to replace it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet help   M1 Helmet help  

M1 Helmet help  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast