Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1 Helmet help

Article about: it all looks to be good the liner is a nice early Nam era version the shell & straps looked good as for the cover there is a way of dating it from the from the stamp on the brown side. t

Default Re: M1 Helmet help

i see so should i take it off ? or buy a new brown repo one ? what would you recommend ?

?

i would remove it you have two choices leave it without one as they wouldn't have survived very long anyway or have a look on ebay you can still pick up original NAM era liner chin straps have a look here U.S. M1 LEATHER HELMET CHIN STRAP - WW2 STEEL POT MINT | eBay no need to by repros

Thanks a lot for your help i think ill try get an original ,what year would you say mine is though ? or will it have a date or something on it ?

?

liner would be from late 50's early 60's so the liner chin strap in that ebay link would be perfect for your M-1.

well its a good price so i think ill get it ! ,just one more question for now ,how many M1 helmets do you have !?

?

over 20 from WW2, koren war, Vietnam to its last use in the first gulf war

M1 Helmet inner chinstrap | Trade Me

is this one here in good condition ? worth getting just wondering because i can pick it up today .

us m1 ww2 shell | Trade Me

also is that worth getting obviously that repainted it and i would buy a new chinstrap liner but otherwise should i get it or is it ruined ?

?

what do you mean repainted ?

the helmet in this post is fine & worth getting just needs to have the chin strap changed.

in the post above i gave a link to a grey helmet just wondering if its worth getting ? of course its needs a new strap ,im talking about the post right above you last and above that is a link to a chin strap its close to me also so wondering if it look good to

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast