Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

M1 Helmet help

Article about: it all looks to be good the liner is a nice early Nam era version the shell & straps looked good as for the cover there is a way of dating it from the from the stamp on the brown side. t

?

Default Re: M1 Helmet help

sorry missed those links i personally would not touch the helmet its been mess with too much for my liking as for the chin strap it looks ok & would suite the condition of the NAM helmet it may even be a WW2 chin strap but better pic's would be needed ?

At one time US WWII helmets were fairly inexpensive, but because of movies
    like: 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Band Of Brothers', 'Windtalkers', 'The Pacific',
    etc, prices have gone up a lot.

I have a mint/unissued WWII example that I paid $50 CDN about ten
    years ago. Today it would be several hundred. ( I'll post it so Nick
    can have a look and tell me what he thinks ! )

Complete helmets like yours were $10 - $20 back then.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet help  
    Regards,

Steve.

@nickD yea i thought it had been touched to much not something i want ill see if i can get better pics of the strap otherwise there are plenty more !

@ steve(walkwolf) i know its a shame they went up in price i wish i could have got some before they did ,i wish my helmet was only 10 dollars then i would have so many by the way that picture is that your collection ?

?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    @nickD yea i thought it had been touched to much not something i want ill see if i can get better pics of the strap otherwise there are plenty more !
    yeah at the moment post war liner chin straps are easier & cheaper to get hold of compared to WW2 ones

i think he only wants 10 bucks for it should i get it then ?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    @ Steve(walkwolf) I know its a shame they went up in price. I wish I could have got some before they did - i wish my helmet was only 10 dollars then I would have so many - By the way, that picture
    is that your collection ?
    Yes, some of them - mostly 50's and 60's era M1's there.
    I posted the shot for Nick quite a while ago.

I'll get around to photographing/posting some
    proper WWII M1's eventually.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

M-1's can be very addicting as there are so many variations and are still reasonably affordable, providing you are not only interested in minty WWII lids. Myself, I like them a little salty, in the USN sense, they have a story to tell. I have stumbled over a few, along with a couple from the VN era. Got a couple WWII shells also, waiting to be mated up with period liners, have a period net for one and will probably look for a different variation of net for the other......yes, M-1's can be very addicting. And then there is the dozen or so clones you can collect as well....

@mysonsdad yea they sure are ! , ok so nick i got the helmet and it has stamped on the inside of the shell MWA 22 what does that mean ? also i can post pictures right now my INTERNET run out and is really slow ,so yea that what is says in the shell ,is there any way to tell what year the helmet liner and shell are ? thanks

i cant post pictures sorry opps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4