Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M1 Helmet Help

Article about: by Walkwolf The chinstrap is a repro, IMO. Looks like a Norwegian chinstrap from the 60s Best regards from Norway

Default Re: M1 Helmet Help

ok well i dont no how to post pictures so will need some help any way .the camo says on it (cover helmet camouflage DSA100-73-F-U289.8415-261-6833. LOT 02 .MPLS. SOC . F/T BLIND INC . AND THE HELMET HAS THESE WORDS IN IT MWA 22

?

ok i'll send ya a PM as for the info on the cover the 73 in the DSA100-73-F-U289 is the date so this is a 1973 dated version.

ok thanks ! ,as for the pictures they are not that great but should work it wasnt taking good pictures for some reason ( the camera )

?

heres some pics posted on behalf of jumpingjank.

the shell looks like it could be a late WW2 reissued version ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet Help   M1 Helmet Help  

M1 Helmet Help   M1 Helmet Help  

the shell is in good con it looks not that great on the pictures but its pretty good and it says in the shell MWA 22 not sure what that means

These new photos tell a little bit different story than the first photos posted. I had thought the shell to look as though it has a WWII period cork texture, but it does not look so in these newer photos and Jumpingjack has not given any indication one way or the other as to the outer surface texture of the shell. I think the re-paint is making the shell look like something it is not. What seems most odd to me, at closer inspection, is that it is a rear seam (you can see the seem in the first photos) yet it looks as though it has a stainless rim which would indicate this to be a clone shell, Austrian I believe, or I could just be looking at the photos wrong. Looks like the liner Lace is Khaki while the loop bands are OD, maybe this is common, I'm not sure. Russ

jumpingjank, is there no heat stamp on the inside front, right around were the shell rolls into the visor? It might be hard to see, they don't stamp them very deep...real good light might be needed and a magnifying glass. Also, is the MWA 22 an ink mark or is it physically stamped into the shell? And last, how does the outter surface of the shell feel, is it smooth, does it feel like sand paper or does it have a smooth textured feel to it?

ok there is a heat stamp in the shell on inside front around where the shell rolls , it is physically stamped into it not ink and the surface is not that smooth it feels like sandpaper around the whole thing .

?

the flash from the camera is giving it a shine its possible that its an Australian made version ?

With the heat stamp, someone here will be able to date the helmet for you. If it has a sand finish it is post WWII for sure.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast