Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M1 Helmet Help

Article about: by Walkwolf The chinstrap is a repro, IMO. Looks like a Norwegian chinstrap from the 60s Best regards from Norway

Default Re: M1 Helmet Help

they are in the same place the heatstamps but mine says mwa 22 or whatever i just dont understand unless it is aussie ?

?

i do believe its an Aussie made version as ive never seen a heat stamp number like that in a US made M-1.

do aussie made versions have those straps i never seem em with those straps

?

if you look at the link in post #34 the Aussie version have the same type of chin strap,

sorry for getting back almost a year later had a thought,any chance that MWA ,prehaps the M stands for mexico ? just wondering

never mind its nwa ,but i have been thinking this for a long time where is it from ,it could be any where haha ,would love to find out ,nick what other possible countries could it be from ? i know lots of countries used the shape

?

i found this yours may actually be a Korean war era US made shell ?

Question on Viet Nam Era Helmet - U.S. Militaria Forum

thanks nickd !its gotta be US made korean same serial stamp number ! ,and the color match's korean war colors and its mwa 22 ,that one in that like is mwa 61 same stamp different number and the helmet looks the same as mine ! ,so it must be korean i guess not confirmed but its the most info i have had on it,so this is probably made around 58 like that one maybe ? ,and the liner is korean war you think theres a chance in the one that came with it ? cheers

but then again always the chance is australian ,could still be from any where ,this is why i love this stuff ! so much history just on one helmet and where its come from.

but once again nick you have answered my questions you are a very important person to this forum and if you have any more info that can help on this helmet it would be great ,thanks again nick !!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast