Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

M1 Helmet Help

Article about: by Walkwolf The chinstrap is a repro, IMO. Looks like a Norwegian chinstrap from the 60s Best regards from Norway

?

Default Re: M1 Helmet Help

if i do come across any more info I'll be sure to let you know.

thanks man if you ever do pm me please ! this post is getting real old i would imagine its annoying restarting old threads up .cheers !

?

not really its always good to visit older threads if new info arises.

ok well to bring this thread back up again i have been doing a lot of research on my first helmet to see if it were Australian or american ,when i was looking up Australian m1 helmets i found all of them had completely different heat stamps to my one (MWA 22) even the order was different such as only having just letters or the numbers being before the letters etc.as i was searching i came across a forum or two from the states and these people had the same heat stamp such as MWA 64 and things like this and even a youtube video from america .and from what others i have read it seems its a korean war era helmet i cant confirm this but from what i gathered this is what i have put together .if anyone can add to this or correct me it would be good thanks !

another quick thing to add i found another american helmet site and they had this to say "helmets with mwa or m prefix seen to be mfg.d during korea or early vietnam era." i have seen others say the same thing in 4 other websites. this is just to help anyone with the MWA heat stamps i hope war relics doesn't mind me posting on this !? cheers

?

From what I learned, the MWA heat stamp was on late 1950's M1 helmets. The plain "M" was used during the Korean era, early 1950's.

There's never been much info on the MWA stampings,but most agree over at USMF that its from the 1958 McCord production run,other than that there's not much else to add and yes "M" prefix is from the 1951 McCord run.

?

Just got info on the initials. Motor Wheel Co. Don't know yet what the "A" stood for.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6