Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Help and Idendification

Article about: What is your opinion about this M1 helmet? I bought this M1 and it caught my attention because the shell and chinstrps seem to me from the second war. I'm not sure if the painting matches th

?

Default M1 Helmet Help and Idendification

What is your opinion about this M1 helmet?

I bought this M1 and it caught my attention because the shell and chinstrps seem to me from the second war. I'm not sure if the painting matches the period.
    And its interior seems to me to be a 1965-73 ceiling. I'm not sure about dating the camouflage net and the leather jugular.

I also find it strange to see this leather chinstrps with this liner and I don't know what date it is.
    Inside the liner there are some words written. They appear to be: shigoto (or shihoto), holly and holo. The photos were not so good.

Between the shell and the liner this photo was stuck. I took it out carefully and there are some words in Portuguese. The shell and liner were firmly attached as well.

Unfortunately it is not possible to see the part number. Some parts are very deterioratedM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and Idendification

I am not able to tell if it is a front seam or rear seem steel pot. I thought I could see a front seem in one photo but I am not sure. The liner is foreign manufacture from the Vietnam era or likely later period, IMHO. The net looks like a British made WWII era net. AA put together helmet in the end. Wait for additional opinions.
    John

?

Similar thoughts to Rescue190 although the net looks like it has been on the shell for years wit the fading. Are there no stamp at all on the inside of the liner in the top of the crown?

Steve.

?

Thank you very much for the informations. Responding to you two, this is a rear seam helmet and there is no mark on the liner.

Hello

yes this is a helmet trimmed to WW2. The liner is a 1964 pattern. The chin strap is probably from a Euro clone and was improperly attached to the neck strap.

I can't say much about the bell now, because I don't see any stamps. But could also be revised. Euro clone? I don't know from the pictures.

Overall not really ok.

Try posting some pictures of stamps / marks in the shell and/or on the rim, if any. Some picture of chinstrap and the bale themselves would help greatly, and the rim at the back/front.

?

Hello Twthmoses, I will send the photos you requested.

?

I couldn't find any marks on the helmet. I will send pictures of the rear seam and chinstraps. One of the chinstraps is completely loose.

M1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and IdendificationM1 Helmet Help and Idendification