Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Insignia Identification

Article about: Can anyone help ID this M1 helmet? Just joking of course. It's a small paper weight. But am interested if anyone could help ID the enamel insignia! I'm thinking it might not even be US. Than

MAP
    ?

Default M1 Helmet Insignia Identification

Can anyone help ID this M1 helmet?

Just joking of course. It's a small paper weight.

But am interested if anyone could help ID the enamel insignia! I'm thinking it might not even be US.

Thanks in advance

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The basic insignia is WW2 US North Africa Command. But I do not know what the lettering stands for?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not sure if this pertains to this piece, but in the US "PBS" is Public Broadcasting Station. Kind of like your BBC.

Public Broadcasting Service*

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ade.

That gives me a great start and also gives me a time period as well to work from. Nice to see WW2 / post WW2 vet connection.

The dome shape lead me to believe it had a mid east / north Africa connection but even then it could have been for any country in the area that used an M1 style helmet.

NBushyager: thanks. That crossed my mind immediately but hard to see the connection. But again, a thread to start pulling to see what unravels.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)