Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet liner

Article about: I have already posted this in the aliled helmet section,then realised there was this sub forum and thought it would be better in here. i found this yesterday in a local car boot sale.

?

Default M1 helmet liner

I have already posted this in the aliled helmet section,then realised there was this sub forum and thought it would be better in here. i found this yesterday in a local car boot sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet liner   M1 helmet liner  

M1 helmet liner   M1 helmet liner  

M1 helmet liner   M1 helmet liner  

Default Re: M1 helmet liner

nice liner, these are hard to find i think as i have only seen a couple for sale. this is the early type rayon suspension and the rectangle washers. later helmets have a darker tan color (od3) and eventually green (od7). i see the stamp in the picture and if you could send a pictue of it i can identify the manufacturer. also, the broken strap inside has a buckle and depending on color they are worth alot. green ones are expensive but i dont know if they would sell being broken. by the way, the sweatband isnt original because you caan see the snaps behind it. do you mind me asking what you paid?

?

Looks like a nice well used early Westinghouse HP Liner. Nice find!
    Regards,
    John

What an exceptional findespecially over here in the Uk these finds hardly ever happen,would luv this to happen to me,well done indeed.........Jake.

?

Not sure what the value is but I paid £8.00 for it.

well if i am not mistaken on ebayn there was one for over a hundred us dollars

How much well to your advantage well played,the seller obviously didn't no Jack.... being its Westinghouse's first pattern type,shame its not got its original sweatband,that would bump the price plus the leather chinstrap is broken,still has original paint too...........Jake.

That's a beauty, hell of a deal too