Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m1 Helmet painting

Article about: all Vietnam era M-1 helmets are of a lighter green & all are rear seamed there were some WW2 era re-issued M-1's during this period i have a couple

Default USMC m1 Helmet painting Iwo jima

Hello i want to repaint my m1 helmet and i dont know where i can buy the correct color
    i want to repaint color to the exact color soldiers wear on iwo jima(blue color)
    any idea where can i buy painting from?
    I added pictures in color from iwo jima invasion and ending
    thanks for your time,Yaniv

Last edited by Yaniv111; 10-02-2010 at 09:36 PM.

?

Default Re: m1 Helmet painting

US soldiers never wore blue coloured M-1's the standard colour was green with a corked texture.

Ok thanks i dident know that

Quote by Yaniv111 View Post
    Ok thanks i dident know that
    I think the early ones were a darker green, then later they were a little lighter green, but I could be wrong, probably I am one of my oldest ones is a dark green, then I have one that was closer to the Korean war& it is a couple of shades lighter. but I'm no expert.

?

all WW2 M-1's came off the production line the same olive drab green you'll find during the Korean war they seemed to use a lot darker green but then changing to an almost pea green during the Vietnam era.

NickD
    What is the difference between the m1 helmets anyway?
    I saw a lot of helmet but i cant understand which one of them is USMC and which one of them is Western Front
    Can you help me understand the difference

?

There is a tendency for some colour slides of the period to add a bluish cast to green paint. There is a sequence of famous shots of P51s with apparently painted with blue camouflage. Closer insection reveals it to be Olive Drab but that didn't stop people thinking to this day that they were painted blue. You have to be careful as to making judgments based on old colour pictures.

?

Quote by Yaniv111 View Post
    NickD
    What is the difference between the m1 helmets anyway?
    I saw a lot of helmet but i cant understand which one of them is USMC and which one of them is Western Front
    Can you help me understand the difference
    hiya Yaniv

there is no real difference only the USMC tended to use camo covers but the helmets them selves were all the same colour & set up the only changes that may have occurred would have been done by the soldiers them selves.

noelh thanks for your help
    Nickd thank you i dident know M1 Helmet production were all the same that is interesting to know
    Yaniv.

Quote by NickD View Post
    all WW2 M-1's came off the production line the same olive drab green you'll find during the Korean war they seemed to use a lot darker green but then changing to an almost pea green during the Vietnam era.
    Nick the helmet that I have that is lighter in color did have a nam , MP liner in it, though it was a rear seam, I know they used some rear seams in nam, leftovers I guess.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast