Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M1 helmet question.

Article about: Well most Euro clones had steel hinges as far as im aware,so maybe south american or far east like indonesia,only a guess its hard to work out when there's nothing to compare it with,even on

?

Default Re: M1 helmet question.

here's a selection of the heat stamp numbers from US M-1s just to compare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet question.   M1 helmet question.  

M1 helmet question.   M1 helmet question.  

Attached Images Attached Images M1 helmet question. 

?

I'm sure this is not a US helmet. I have 2 that are stamped inside the bowl of the helmet. This one is stamped on the rim. I wire brushed the #'s and it comes out as B456B3. I,m thinking Dutch?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet question.   M1 helmet question.  

?

It's clear when I take the pic, but comes out blurry afterwards. But you can clearly see where it's stamped.

?

have a look at the link below

Google Translate

?

Wow, informative site. From the looks of it Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands stamped their helmets under the rim. So it's either an M51 or M53, an M1 clone as earlier reported. Now as of the brass bales, still nothing on it. The B stamped on it has to be either the manufacturer or country but I found nothing on it also. I believe there is a M1 clone enthusiast on this forum. I'll track him down and see what he thinks about it. Again thanks for the help and that site.

?

M1 helmet question.American/British Brass D-Rings

$3.00/pair

US Shipping: $2.00

?

I noticed those are not cuved. Those are for the chinstrap of the WW1 version. I found a website forum where another guy posted a M1 helmet with brass bales. m1helmet.forumotion.com.t17-strange-brass-swivel-bales. He said he got it from Alsace and a response was that it could have been a theater repair. I'll keep pounding the websites on this.

I was certain he said it was " inside brim" that is where those heat lot numbers are located, the dome and configuration from the pictures to me depicted a U.S M1 helmet. Could you take pictures of the exterior profile of the helmet??

?

M1 helmet question.M1 helmet question.M1 helmet question.M1 helmet question.M1 helmet question.Here are more pics.

?

Kinda cloudy day here in NYC. The numbers are under the lip of the brim seam in front.M1 helmet question.M1 helmet question.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast