Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Helmet Stamp identification

Article about: Hi I have 2 M1 Helmets shells here. 1x Stamp 700 1x Stamp 1269A Can anyone Identified these Helmets? thx Hacek

Hacek
    ?

Default M1 Helmet Stamp identification

Hi I have 2 M1 Helmets shells here.

1x Stamp 700
    1x Stamp 1269A

Can anyone Identified these Helmets?

thx

Hacek

?

Default Re: M1 Helmet Stamp identification

in what way if you mean who made them there were two companys that made them MCCORD & SCHLUETER the second one will have an S above the heat stamp number

Hacek
    ?

Ah Ok Both Helmets have numbers Only.

Then I have two McCords Helmets i think so.

But have only WWII production the numbers?

?

I know someone said on a thread a few weeks back that they had a list which meant you could get a ruff idea of the date of manufactuer from the sheet steels heat treatment number. This would be a great resource to have for the forum if someone's got the information to hand.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

all US M-1's have the heat stamp the lower the number the better chance its WW2 also if its front seamed its good as well.

there are people putting together a list of heat stamp numbers to try a rough giude to dateing them but it is only rough.

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    there are people putting together a list of heat stamp numbers to try a rough giude to dateing them but it is only rough.
    Hi Nick,
    sounds interesting, its a bit like the jeep hood number lists that have been around since the mid 1990's, it gives you a rough guide or some idea of date, but you don't take it as gospel.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

it would be of some help if it all works out this is the forum where they are gathering some of the info U.S. Militaria Forum -> HELMETS & PROTECTIVE GEAR

Hacek
    ?

thanks for the link. Nice site too.

I lokk at my Helmets and they are rear Seams.

?

rear seamed helmets go from about 1944 or 45 onwards just coz its rear seamed dosent mean its not WW2 but pics of these helmets would help to figure that out

?

The Heat Stamp date chart is found in the book: Helmets Of The ETO by Regis Giard and Frederic Blais. since this chart is found in the book, it has international copyrights. So, you have to buy the book to get the date charts. Posting it on the forum would be a copyright violation. The current chart is for McCord helmets only. However the authors are working on a Schlueter chart at this time. I've spoken with Regis Giard and he informs me that work on the chart is moving along very well and should give a good approximation just like the McCord heat stamps have. Below is a copy of the book. you can find new and used on Amazon.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 Helmet Stamp identification 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast