Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m1 helmet timeline

Article about: hey guys i was wondering if anybody had a picture out there of m1 helmets in a row going through all the wars ? so i can compare colors and all that .cheers

Default m1 helmet timeline

hey guys i was wondering if anybody had a picture out there of m1 helmets in a row going through all the wars ? so i can compare colors and all that .cheers

?

Default Re: m1 helmet timeline

That would be some picture! There are so many variations throughout the years, and there are so many variation in colour due to natural wear and patina. My collection is arranged chronologically, beginning with a Hawley rig and ending with a mid 1980's lid, but it would be difficult to capture the variation in colour just with the WW2 helmets alone. The original factory colour is a paler green than usually seen, with the myriad of overpaints varying in darker shades later on.
    As a general pointer though, these are from the WW11 and Korea eras. The first two are WW2. I won't have access to my collection for a while to post other types/eras, but I am sure others could help.
    And just for fun:

Link

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...d-last-166613/

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1 helmet timeline   m1 helmet timeline  

m1 helmet timeline  
    Last edited by aj4010; 11-24-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

thanks for the help and info mate ! , cheers

hi JJ maybe i can help ,here's a snippet of my collection going back a little while it has a small mixture of us m1's hope it helpsm1 helmet timelinem1 helmet timeline

here's a later pic but if you have a look at nick d's awesome collection if sure you will find all you need to know JJm1 helmet timeline

?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    hey guys i was wondering if anybody had a picture out there of m1 helmets in a row going through all the wars ? so i can compare colors and all that .cheers
    Well, as a change circumstances dictate, I will have to move my complete collection to a new location in the next day or so, but due to lack of room at the new place, most will be catalogued, boxed and put into storage. They will also be added to my catalogues on my profile page.
    However I do intend to take photographs of the complete collection (about 30+ American (with another two on the way!), and some Argentinian etc. M1's) together before they are boxed. They range from a 1917AI Brodie right through to a 1985 issue M1.
    So, watch this space for a group shot (or two) just for you jumpingjank!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 12-26-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

sounds great andy i will truly look forward to that ,my trouble is my m1 collection is a watered down version using european clones as well as original m1's i guess as a collector of world steel helmets its inevitable ,all the best for the new year ,james
    Last edited by James C; 11-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.

thanks guys ! awesome collection James i really like it clones and genuine are just plain awesome !. and thanks Andy cant wait to see yours !

American Helmet 'Time-Line'

just found this thought you all would like it!

Welcome and thanks for linky.would luv to own a few of them especially the early Nam M1c's......great Helmets indeed............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast