Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet - WWII

Article about: I purchased this M1 for friend. It only cost 90 US so I could not pass it up. The color is correct although the photo looks a bit blue. Cloudy skies today. It is a swivel bale, front seam ex

Default M1 Helmet - WWII

I purchased this M1 for friend. It only cost 90 US so I could not pass it up. The color is correct although the photo looks a bit blue. Cloudy skies today. It is a swivel bale, front seam example with cork textured paint. The liner is marked with the F of Firestone and 21. The shell only has a "90" heat stamp marking. I could not locate any information on this number marking. Assistance appreciated. NH

M1 Helmet - WWIIM1 Helmet - WWIIM1 Helmet - WWIIM1 Helmet - WWIIM1 Helmet - WWII

Great buy for the money Neil,can't go wrong for that sort of layout,lightly stamped,90?plus letter also faded due to mis-stamping.its got a nice worn look to it,well done..............

Thanks Jake. Perhaps a McCord? NH

Sorry being a bit forward,thought you were just concerned about the "90" heatstamp,yes a McCord,late war replacement chinstraps and metal hardware,luv the Liner's textured paint,really nice patina to it..............

?

Good price for a complete helmet friend.

Thank you all for the kind feedback. Indeed, a good buy these days! I will make the dealer who sold it to me my "go to" guy for more US field gear. Got a dated shovel and cover ('43/'44) from him for 60 US! NH

As for the 90 heat lot number, I would guess that you are missing a number or two and the letter.
    I have a helmet marked in the same manor (the heat lot number is not ALL there).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet - WWII