MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 Helmets, my small collection

Article about: Hy Guys, thought you may like to see some of my M1, M-1C helmets, WW2 Through to Vietnam, any questions please drop me a line, i am no expert but , getting more knowledgeble (hopefully)i can

?

Default Re: M1 Helmets, my small collection

i wish i could take the credit for the detective work but it wasn't me i just put the helmet up for discussion on another forum as i had a feeling not all was right with this person just hope action is taken on this guy before he starts trying to sell his rubbish on here !!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys for bringing this issue to my attention. His membership here is now terminated.

This forum prides itself on very high standards and gentlemanly conduct. Putting together fakes and selling them to the unwary as originals is not condoned here!

Cheers, Ade.

I should have read the latest postings on this bloke before I sent a private message to him. I purchased a 'mint' Vietnam era Para helmet off him a few months ago, the shell was a european clone - he doesn't accept returns either. He also poses as a 'she' for the purposes of selling on e-bay! I actually advised him that ignorance when selling items was no defence, and that other collectors wouldn't hesitate to expose him if they thought they were being conned. I must be going soft in my old age, but I always like to give the benefit of doubt to sellers. what a bloody fool I am!

?

Ade, thanks for your prompt action in this matter, normally i am the sort to give people the benefit of doubt, but in this case i believe it was a flagrant attempt to deceive, and god knows how many times he has conned money out of unsuspecting buyers, ive been burnt a few times like most of us and its now beginning to bug me in my old age,cheers dave.

?

just a pity ebay wont do anything about him as ive reported him as a fraud yet his stuff is still there with one bid at over £280

?

I thought ebay was legally bound to notify prospective customers of any such dealings,if not can they be held responsible if they have been informed prior to a transaction

?

you would have thought so mate but still his listing is still running & is over £566 now with 23 mins to go just hope who ever gets it gets wise & demands their money back as he can be done for fraud !!!!!!!

?

Its now sold at the final bidding price you mentioned, i tried to report the matter but it wont let me go further into the policies. Some poor beggar has just parted with a great deal of money, this really riles me.

?

well if the buyer has enough sense they would get it authenticated but then if they had enough sense to do that they wouldn't of bid in the first place. just goes to show when it comes to military item ebay dosent have a clue !!!!!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I should have read the latest postings on this bloke before I sent a private message to him. I purchased a 'mint' Vietnam era Para helmet off him a few months ago, the shell was a european clone - he doesn't accept returns either. He also poses as a 'she' for the purposes of selling on e-bay! I actually advised him that ignorance when selling items was no defence, and that other collectors wouldn't hesitate to expose him if they thought they were being conned. I must be going soft in my old age, but I always like to give the benefit of doubt to sellers. what a bloody fool I am!
    Hey mate.

I've been there too, on many occasions,and it is a real p***er,so I can relate to how you feel .

As they say "you live and learn" pity it's got to cost so much eh!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast