MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M1 Helmets, my small collection

Article about: Hy Guys, thought you may like to see some of my M1, M-1C helmets, WW2 Through to Vietnam, any questions please drop me a line, i am no expert but , getting more knowledgeble (hopefully)i can

Default Re: M1 Helmets, my small collection

Hi Gaz,
    I really do have a downer on dealers at the moment. I have recently purchased three different M1-C helmets over the past few months. The only one that turned out to be genuine was from America, and it only cost me a little over £20. The postage was greater than the flaming helmet. The last helmet I purchased came from a collector/dealer in Italy - a supposed expert. When I contacted him over the shell being european he was most indignant.

I then posted the helmet on this website, and someone told me the shell was german-made. I contacted the seller again and confronted him with the evidence and he was full of apologies, he claimed he probably didn't check it properly when he purchased it and before selling to me. My point is that you rely on these dealers to be honest with you, its not always possible to tell just from photo's whether an item is genuine. I see that Charlottstown has another para helmet for sale, but he /she has dispensed with the whisky bottle stand in favour of a wooden stand.

Harry.

?

Thanks Nick, I knew I'd seen these before but, I just thought it was my age catching up to me. I was trying to be kind and see where this guy was going but, I was sure that the leather chin strap was faked and I thought I'd throw the question out there for reaction. BTW, He misspelled his eBay name, it wasn't supposed to be "charlottstown" it was supposed to be "charlatan"!

?

Now thats funny!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3