Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1? I think?

Article about: I was at the flea market this morning and happened to walk by this a couple times and didnt even give it a whirl. Rear seam and the liner was suspicious but the nice old man said 10 bucks so

Default M1? I think?

I was at the flea market this morning and happened to walk by this a couple times and didnt even give it a whirl. Rear seam and the liner was suspicious but the nice old man said 10 bucks so I figured why not. The helmet itself has a "US-77" stamp and it looked like a late m1, but the liner has khaki webbing and no maker stamp which leads me to believe this might be a reissued m1 for a country like Denmark or maybe issued by the Dutch? I like it no matter what and I couldn't have over paid, I would just like to know what it is? Late m1? European issue?

Exclamation Re: M1? I think?

M1? I think?M1? I think?M1? I think?M1? I think?

Yes I'm aware the name is not original

Default Re: M1? I think?

mabye its just me but this looks like a euro clone !!

I'm ok with it if it is, I wanted to expand my horizons with some world helmets eventually, I've seen Danish models similar so I'm hoping someone can identify it.

?

You may find this sticky thread compiled and posted by NickD helpfull in your search https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...-makers-22988/.

Regards Mark K

JBR
    ?

It's a Danish M48. Take a look at this link: .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 48 :.

I paid £8 for mine in the UK, so you've had a slightly better deal!

Best Regards,

Quote by JBR View Post
    It's a Danish M48. Take a look at this link: .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 48 :.

I paid £8 for mine in the UK, so you've had a slightly better deal!

Best Regards,
    Perfect! Exactly what I wanted to know

The liner looks unmistakeably like the Danish produced liners for the M1 clone.

Military equipment of the 20th century: Danish M48 helmet / Hjelm M48 ( US M1 helmet and Austrian clone)

It is always interesting to see where these liners turn up. Very interesting

The stamp could be LS. If so, the manufacturer is Linnemann Schnatzer, Ahlen (Germany)

If you want to look the deal, you need to get rid of the helmet net. We never used that type of helmet net.
    But helmets from "LS", "U-SCH" and "VDN" were all used in Denmark.

Any idea what type of net it is? It was just on there when I got it today.

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    Any idea what type of net it is? It was just on there when I got it today.
    Hmm, I am thinking post war Norwegian.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast