Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 ID help

Article about: i picked this up at an estate sale today an from what ive read so far its an WW2 M1 but i cant figure out what that 2 means on the back ..............any idea ??? thanks in advance, Brad

Default Re: M1 ID help

I don't think the ink stamp, on the inside of the shell by the bail, is correct for a M-1 shell. Inside paint also looks much better than outside making me think the outside has been aged to make one think it was WWII era. From the condition shown in the photos, the heat stamp should be reasonably easy to see....if no heat stamp, it's not likely a US shell, although I have seen some others post that they do have unstamped McCords. Chin strap is repo for sure. If it has a sand texture, it is post war for sure.

?

this is a film prop from the film "SAVING PRIVATE RYAN" the ink stamp on the inside of the shell is the costume department stamp USSPR.

Quote by NickD View Post
    this is a film prop from the film "SAVING PRIVATE RYAN" the ink stamp on the inside of the shell is the costume department stamp USSPR.
    This. And what the others said earlier about it being a put together. Might be okay for those who want to say "here is a replica of a 2nd Rangers" helmet that was possibly used on the set of SPR. Other than that, it isn't really much and wouldn't pass muster if you were worried about any authenticity or originality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2