Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 For Identification

Article about: This is something a little unusual for sale on eBay US. It's not something I've seen before. Best Regards, Andy

Default Re: M1 For Identification

this is strange and something i have not seen. as said looks like a American m1 shell with a British liner .very cool !

It's not the same as the Dutch version of this helmet. I have some dutch helmets and there's no match with this one. I think it's a American shell with a British liner as stated by other members.

Andy, I Just took a look again, you're right the rivets and the bolt are obviously different (it was late last night)

It looks more like the liner of an early war british MKII. I will try to find a pic.

Cheers, Mads

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Just seen this listed as an "ISRAEL"issued lidnot sure whats the connection as they produced there own m1 version with 3 swivel bales for a para type chinstrap....a ww2 McCord rear seam with i stand corrected mk1 vero type liner,still going with the "dutch"theory....Jake.
    I know this is an old thread....Israel used two chinstrap M1 helmets as well as the three lug type, using their own production later as well as those from the US and other nations, but very typical for the Israelis is the use of riveted in liners such as this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2