Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Liner genuine MP example?

Article about: Hello all, This liner was part of a group of M1's I have recently obtained. Unfortunately, no corresponding pot was with it, but I still feel that the liner may have an interesting history (

Default M1 Liner genuine MP example?

Hello all,

This liner was part of a group of M1's I have recently obtained. Unfortunately, no corresponding pot was with it, but I still feel that the liner may have an interesting history (if it is legit of course). From my research, I am 99% sure that the liner, marked 'US13' is correct for a US made Vietnam era M1 liner, but I am unsure if the paint and decals are original. Comparing with some others I have seen, they look ok to me, but I am hoping someone more experienced can verify.

Thanks

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Liner genuine MP example?   M1 Liner genuine MP example?  

M1 Liner genuine MP example?   M1 Liner genuine MP example?  

M1 Liner genuine MP example?   M1 Liner genuine MP example?  

Default Re: M1 Liner genuine MP example?

Sorry non-US made liner far eastern type,most likely South vietnamese or Taiwan..............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Sorry non-US made liner far eastern type,most likely South vietnamese or Taiwan..............
    Thanks for the info.

The stamp threw me off. Now pointed out I can see that the rivets and washers are all different. US make of this liner would probably have A - washers? Thanks again

Regards

JBR
    ?

It looks to me like a US liner refurbed by the Peruvian Army. These are turning up quite frequently now on eBay. They are interesting in their own right, especially when in their original shells. There's some relevant threads on the World Helmets section of this forum. Unfortunately, yours seems to have been refinished on the outside to look American. Best regards,

Quote by JBR View Post
    It looks to me like a US liner refurbed by the Peruvian Army. These are turning up quite frequently now on eBay. They are interesting in their own right, especially when in their original shells. There's some relevant threads on the World Helmets section of this forum. Unfortunately, yours seems to have been refinished on the outside to look American. Best regards,
    Thanks for the info JBR,

I was almost sure that the liner material and the stamp 'US 13' indicated USA make - But the liner webbing was wrong specifications. I think you may be on the money here - I will research further the possibility of a Peru refurbishment. On this topic, if I decided to attempt to reinstate the original US specs, how would I start? Its actually a decent paintjob, but I would rather original. Thanks

Kind regards