Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 liner w/ wavy pattern

Article about: Hello, I'm wondering what type of liner it is. The pattern of the fiber is strange, in a wavy/swirly pattern. I've never seen this before, so I'm just trying to learn more. This particular h

Default M1 liner w/ wavy pattern

Hello, I'm wondering what type of liner it is. The pattern of the fiber is strange, in a wavy/swirly pattern. I've never seen this before, so I'm just trying to learn more. This particular helmet is from an ebay auction of a pretty questionable 502nd helmet.

If you're interested in the helmet in question, here is the link, but I am just wondering about the liner: WWII Helmet Airborne Markings w Liner | eBay

M1 liner w/ wavy pattern M1 liner w/ wavy pattern

?

Default Re: M1 liner w/ wavy pattern

The steel helmet in the auction is a repro, but I have no clue why the liner is like this probably just a manufacturing error

Quote by gel65 View Post
    The steel helmet in the auction is a repro, but I have no clue why the liner is like this probably just a manufacturing error
    Steel helmet is not repro, but paint is...

It looks like another front seam manganese steel rim American M1 helmet not often seen! The paint looks ok apart from that strange polished effect around the decals which makes them look suspicious. Not for me this one.
    The liner is strange looking with that wavy effect, never seen this before, yet it looks like a mid war American liner with the correct webbing and green “A” washers. I would like to have known who the maker of the liner was.
    So I am in the same puzzled boat as you.
    Thanks for posting
    Rod

I reckon thats a reject liner,like the child ones you sometimes see on fleabay,would'nt surprise me if there's no stamp mark,the chinstraps are late war OD7 webbing with the T1 configuration,could be original to the helmet or just added especially as the paint and markings are most likely fake its impossible to say one way or another,a complete put together I.M.H.O...........Jake.

?

What I meant to say was the painting not the shell the helmet was all from the same period but someone had to spice it up by adding fake airborne unit marks