Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Medic Korea era helmet

Article about: Hi guys, Can anyone tell me if helmet is genuine? It is suppose to be a refurbished 1950 m1 by CAPAC for the Korean war. Iron component paint, not sanded. Rear seam Korea green color. My con

Kris348
    ?

Default M1 Medic Korea era helmet

Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me if helmet is genuine? It is suppose to be a refurbished 1950 m1 by CAPAC for the Korean war. Iron component paint, not sanded. Rear seam Korea green color.
    My concern is the new chinstrap from the outer helmet.
    Any information is very welcome.
    Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Kris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Medic Korea era helmet   M1 Medic Korea era helmet  

M1 Medic Korea era helmet   M1 Medic Korea era helmet  

Looks like a Korean period made McCord shell with a repaint and medic emblems added,exactly when who knows.correct chinstrap hardware for this time frame,photo's are not that great,so hard to see the stamp mark inside the liner,overall without provenance wouldn't buy it,just doesn't give me a good vibe at all...............

Kris348
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Looks like a Korean period made McCord shell with a repaint and medic emblems added,exactly when who knows.correct chinstrap hardware for this time frame,photo's are not that great,so hard to see the stamp mark inside the liner,overall without provenance wouldn't buy it,just doesn't give me a good vibe at all...............
    Thanks Jake, my feeling is about the same...it looks right but something is missing.
    I hope other guys can also give some input on this helmet.

If you could spend some time looking at some of my threads then your have a much better understanding of correct paint schemes and textures,also factory painted liners with there correct parts,it would be a big plus for helping you find a nice conditioned Helmet,there's only so much I can do and rest would be down to you...........