Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 - obscure red cross

Article about: I was curious about the marking on this helmet. Front seam, swivel bale. Was the cross painted post war? It's not to medic regulation, but appears to have aged with the helmet. There's alway

Default Re: M1 - obscure red cross

ok, so here it is. i have posted this pot when i purchased it and have been waiting since i have been away to get it. so i am goin to answer some questions about it and ask some of my own. first off, in the photos attached the red cross as an add on but is ageing with the helmet. you can see that there useed to be a white circle which was probably a medic sign. there are other colors found on the original paint and it has some cork. i have put a IMP liner in it that i have added a repro chinstrap for now. i am waiting for my sweatband and pot chinstraps for the pot. ok, now for my questions. i put pictures of the iside n and i think the numbers are 90C. it is a mccord and i dont have the book helmets of the ETO so i wanted someone to date it for me. secondly how late do you think the red cross was put on? thank you and sorry for the long message. this may be posted on more than one thread so forgive me if you see it more then once.M1 - obscure red crossM1 - obscure red crossM1 - obscure red crossM1 - obscure red crossM1 - obscure red crossM1 - obscure red crossM1 - obscure red cross

Default Re: M1 - obscure red cross

i forgot to say if you want any other pics just say!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2