Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 for opinions

Article about: I am no-where near an expert on these M1's so opinions would be great. It reportedly came from Indonesia but I bought it for its character. The liner was rusted in and took a little careful

Default M1 for opinions

I am no-where near an expert on these M1's so opinions would be great.

It reportedly came from Indonesia but I bought it for its character. The liner was rusted in and took a little careful persuasion to remove it with no harm done. The orange rust would clean off if I tried. I can't find any reference to the markings on the inside of the liner. The helmet also has a mark in a chalky stamp. Is it a Euro clone ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 for opinions   M1 for opinions  

M1 for opinions   M1 for opinions  

It’s not a US liner, I’m not sure of the country of origin. It’s interesting.
    I will need to check my book on the liner, may be one I have not seen before.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I do not believe the liner is a US liner and I have my doubts about the helmet, the shape doesn’t seem right.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

SW is usually the mark of Schuberth Werke. A German liner maker and were made for the Netherlands, Belgium, German and maybe Norway (who I can't remember if they used German or Austrian liners)

Agree with above that the liner is German made and issued to the Bundeswehr amongst others. The shell is also post 1945 as well.

I agree with all the comments and I never thought it was a ww2 shell. Possibly a Dutch or German ? The liner looks to have a date of 1975 and the helmet 1976 possibly by Linnemann & Schnetzer (if that what the chalky mark is ).

It could be a Dutch M53 helmet and its presence in Indonesia can be explained by the fact that New-Guinea remained Dutch till 1962. M53 helmets were certainly worn there. Look for stampings on the rim on the inside, probably at the front. Any chinstraps remaining?