Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Opinions please

Article about: by Walkwolf Late 60's re-issue, although under several coats of paint it shows some texture......... I'm thinking the same, they used that horrible silica paint late 70's/80's that tended to

?

Default M1 Opinions please

Good morning gents I have had this M1 in my collection for some time and the old girl is a little on the rough side but I still like her as it was the first I added to my collection some years ago.
    I do believe it to be a post war helmet as it is it is devoid of any heat stamp or any other kindof markings that I can find any were it is a rear seam swivel bale and IMO it has been repainted at least once in her life as you can still see the rough sand texture poking through in a few spots.
    I do know that for a period of time there were M1 helmets produced in Canada so I am curious if this could be one of the Canadian produced Lids.
    I was under the assumption that the rims were manufactured from stainless steel on the Canadian produced models though and still had a heat stamp number of sorts

Regards Mark k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Opinions please   M1 Opinions please  

M1 Opinions please   M1 Opinions please  

M1 Opinions please  

Default Re: M1 Opinions please

Hi,the only thing i can tell you is that the chinstrap is a late 70's-80's example.As for the shell i suspect that is also 70's though i may be wrong!! Leon.

?

Morning Leon I as well am thinking early 70,s as the liner is dated to 1972 I was more curious of country of origin Canada or USA.

Regards Mark K

Ahh i see! well i'm afraid i can't help you with that one,you will need the "real" M1 experts for that!! I hope you get the answer you looking for soon, all the best and as it's evening here in the UK i'll say "GOOD NIGHT!" Leon.

?

A few more images of the liner whith liner band parts dated to 1972 and the replacement chinstap I just added the scrim came with the helmet.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Opinions please   M1 Opinions please  

Mark the heat stamp is there...just need to look and take a pic mate cheers Jake.

Well i think the headband is US as STEINBERG BROS is a NY company according to google god!!

?

The heatstamp may be a little higher up the dome than you would expect, but it should be there. It's a little difficult to tell from the photos, but it looks like a 70's/80s made American, with several coats of paint over a sand finish original coat. It's a tenuous opinion, the heat stamp will help though.

Best Regards,

Andy

?

You were correct gentlemen I had to take a magnifying glass and a flash light to find it and then there was only one digit partially visible.
    As much as I hated to do it I had to use some acetone to reveal the number in full the heat stamp is (1-9125).
    any thought on the era of this lid gentlemen.

Regards Mark K

Late 60's-70's re-issue ? - though under several coats of paint
    it does show some texture.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast