MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 para liner

Article about: i picked this helmet liner up today, when i was helping a mates dad clean out his shed. it was left there after a dress a party a long while ago.and the owner did not have any intrest in get

Default M1 para liner

i picked this helmet liner up today, when i was helping a mates dad clean out his shed. it was left there after a dress a party a long while ago.and the owner did not have any intrest in getting it back.
    At first i thought i might have scored. but now im 2nd thinking, that this liner might be one of those fake para liners doing the rounds.
    As ive never seen a real ww2 US para liner, im unshore, not 100% on identifying this liner.
    the liner is made by firestone company. was unable to find one.
    and would like to ask if anyone could tell me what i have. thanks mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 para liner   M1 para liner  

M1 para liner   M1 para liner  

Hi Mark,this type of liner surfaces nearly every week,Firestones first Airborne contract was in 1962,on the last of the p55 type(none frontal eyelet)liners,there's not a single author that would put there name to these liners purely because you wont find any official evidence,in other words no CONTRACTS so it has to be logged as a fake,unless someone can prove otherwise..............

I can understand your excitement at finding this liner.
    But unfortunately I agree with Jake. you can see that it has a clone chin strap and the rivets holding the "A" washers of the A frames look a deferent material (or not painted) from the other washers on all the other "A" washers due to the corrosion on them. which points to the "A" frames being fitted at a different time.
    It looks like its a J Murray helmet M2 D-Bale | J. Murray Inc 1944 | M1 Helmets plus the fact it says J murray on the nape strap.
    wish I had better news.
    Rod

?

As far as I know only Hawley (early fiber type). Inland and Westinghouse made Airborne liners during WW II.

I never spotted that one Rod,guess being upside down I just never took too much notice,Steve regarding ww2 Airborne makers,St Clair are listed in the "Helmets of the ETO" however Mark Reynosa and Chris Arnold dont,so im still on the fence as to who's correct...........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Hi Mark,this type of liner surfaces nearly every week,Firestones first Airborne contract was in 1962,on the last of the p55 type(none frontal eyelet)liners,there's not a single author that would put there name to these liners purely because you wont find any official evidence,in other words no CONTRACTS so it has to be logged as a fake,unless someone can prove otherwise..............
    thank you jake, for the information. must be a few of these liners out there. i know now what to look for. if i was to come across one again.

Quote by plumbob View Post
    I can understand your excitement at finding this liner.
    But unfortunately I agree with Jake. you can see that it has a clone chin strap and the rivets holding the "A" washers of the A frames look a deferent material (or not painted) from the other washers on all the other "A" washers due to the corrosion on them. which points to the "A" frames being fitted at a different time.
    It looks like its a J Murray helmet M2 D-Bale | J. Murray Inc 1944 | M1 Helmets plus the fact it says J murray on the nape strap.
    wish I had better news.
    Rod
    haha dident no that. j murray on the nape. 100% bought from that site. looks like reenactment helmets. cheers rod

The one's that haunt me are the Korean Rigger types,there's a lot of them around and its my belief that these cannot of all been knocked up by a novice,they certainly look the part and I even emailed Mark Reynosa once regarding these,and he quoted that they may be real but to what purpose as there's no record of any Airborne drops during that particular conflict,so why bother converting Infantry Liners?you wont find any info on them either,also the term "Rigger" has been taken completely out of context within the collecting community and it has become associated with these seperate types of A frames/yokes added independently,which has nothing to do with the true term of "Riggers".......

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    The one's that haunt me are the Korean Rigger types,there's a lot of them around and its my belief that these cannot of all been knocked up by a novice,they certainly look the part and I even emailed Mark Reynosa once regarding these,and he quoted that they may be real but to what purpose as there's no record of any Airborne drops during that particular conflict,so why bother converting Infantry Liners?you wont find any info on them either,also the term "Rigger" has been taken completely out of context within the collecting community and it has become associated with these seperate types of A frames/yokes added independently,which has nothing to do with the true term of "Riggers".......
    Not to be rude, but I suggest you look up the history of the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team. They made two jumps in Korea, one on October 20th 1950 during the Battle of Yongju and another June 26th 1951 during Operation Tomahawk. Not to mention that airborne operations didn't cease to exist after WWII, and there is plenty of evidence of both the 82nd and 11th Airborne converting "Rigger" liners before production began again during Korea.

Welcome Friend and thanks for the correction,my knowledge lies more with the production side rather than the Military operations of the US Army,the point I was merely pointing out is that no Author worth there salt would put there name to these "Rigger" style Liners and say whether they were actual period conversions,if as you say "There's plenty of evidence" then please could you show me.............Luv your avatar image.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast