Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 para liner

Article about: i picked this helmet liner up today, when i was helping a mates dad clean out his shed. it was left there after a dress a party a long while ago.and the owner did not have any intrest in get

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Welcome Friend and thanks for the correction,my knowledge lies more with the production side rather than the Military operations of the US Army,the point I was merely pointing out is that no Author worth there salt would put there name to these "Rigger" style Liners and say whether they were actual period conversions,if as you say "There's plenty of evidence" then please could you show me.............Luv your avatar image.........
    Here is a photo of an original "Rigger" liner with original salvage tag from the 82nd ABN, and there are plenty more like these out there:

M1 para linerM1 para liner

Thanks for noticing my Medic

?

Also here is an original ID'd Korean War helmet with a rigger liner:

M1 para liner

Mark Reynosa's books are great resources, but they are fairly dated, and he is NOT the only expert on American helmets. I would argue any author that wanted to write a book about American Paratrooper helmets from WWII and later would not be worth their salt if they left out the "Rigger Liners". Especially since later factory liners adopted the "Rigger" style for production liners. "Rigger" liners are widely accepted in the helmet community, but the biggest argument is whether they were produced Pre or Post-1945, not whether they are original to the late '40s or '50s.

Top stuff indeed,is that your ww2 m1c with KW added Rigger style A yokes?if it is fantastic as these cost an arm and leg to purchase,also with reference to authors if your based outside the UK then maybe you have access to books I haven't come across,did the Riggers make the A yokes themselves before adding them to the liner?keep'on coming Im learning with interest,cheers..........

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Top stuff indeed,is that your ww2 m1c with KW added Rigger style A yokes?if it is fantastic as these cost an arm and leg to purchase,also with reference to authors if your based outside the UK then maybe you have access to books I haven't come across,did the Riggers make the A yokes themselves before adding them to the liner?keep'on coming Im learning with interest,cheers..........
    Yes, the ID'd M1C is mine it belonged to an 11th Airborne man who was in Korea. I am in the US, so I may have access to more reference material. As far as the actual production of these liners th 1st were actually done by larger groups such as divisional repair depots that had access to factory yokes. The term "Rigger" is actually just a collector's term, not what the actual designation would have been.

Well your a very lucky individual to own such an iconic Helmet,and referring to what I said in post 8 we are both in agreement that the term "Rigger" has been altered beyond recognition within the collecting world.thanks for the heads up on the detailing of the Factory A Yokes/Frames.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2