Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 relic

Article about: Not sure if i have posted this one before but took some good daylight pictures of the fixed bail front seam relic Now as the heat stamp is illegible unfortunately i just presumed it was a Mc

Default M1 relic

Not sure if i have posted this one before but took some good daylight pictures of the fixed bail front seam relic Now as the heat stamp is illegible unfortunately i just presumed it was a McCord but could well be a Schlueter relic too , It's been in my collection for a long time but thought no harm in sharing the fixed bails have long since gone and the shell shows some deep line fracturing it has two shades of green one lighter one darker and love the contrasting colouration but all paint remnants have been lost along the Rim, the inside shell has a sort of grey finish so always presumed in my Naivety was a navy issue shell the capac liner is not original to the shell i must add but was a ground dug relic so seemed a good in keeping pairing,not sure if the hole was caused by a projectile or just damage due to ground conditions ,i forget now where it was found unfortunately but do seem to vaguely recall it was a coastal find . i can make out a 42 date on the capac crusible
    Be great to get some feedback from you more learned gents on this relic if anything can be gleaned from what i have said that is M1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relicM1 relic

looks like a McCord mate. judging from the spot welds on the joint on the rim. McCord being more round and schlueter being more oval shaped.
    Any signs of the welds where the bails were, you never know it could have been a airborne helmet.
    nice to see it being cared for.
    Rod

Regardless of the shell's condition that S/S rim just sits so pretty in the sunlight,nice set matched perfectly with the Capac relic liner.!

I see the Star of David on the inside of the liner.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Interesting relic and yes looks like a Star of David on the inside of the liner.

Thanking you kindly for the superb feedback and info so far gents ,i never expected such a great response for this old relic ,Rod i will double check on those bail welds and thanks for giving it's maker away Cheers Jake the rim is super shiny for sure and i have never tried to clean it in any way It's just sat on the shelf for years ,Thanks too Tank destroyer and Kradman i will have to re look over the date on the capac cross as i could of sworn it said 42 but i guess the star of David means it could well be 52 or later still i take it ? ,the first number was hard to make out for certain but i will double check and try and get a good close up picture when i can
    Regards James